1. How to get to Grodno
If you get from Russia:
You can get to Grodno from Moscow, from Belorussky railway station. You need to check the schedule.
Trains also run from St. Petersburg, but not every day. More information can be found on the websites.
Probably, it will be more convenient for you to get to Grodno from Kaliningrad. You can do it by plane. However, keep in mind that flights are operated only a few times a week. From Kaliningrad to Grodno twice a week, so it is better to check the schedule in advance and book tickets.
If you get from Belarus: Going to Grodno from Minsk is one of the most convenient way. You can get by train, bus or minibus.
- By train: several times a day from the Minsk-Passenger station, trains leave for Grodno. Approximate travel time: 5-7 hours. The schedule can be found here.
- By bus: buses leave from Central Bus Station. A trip takes 3.5-4 hours. All options can be found here.
If you get from Europe:
To Grodno you can get by train or bus from several European cities: Vilnius, Krakow, Odessa, Lviv.
- From Vilnius to Grodno every day there are several buses. A trip takes about 3 hours. The schedule is here.
- From Krakow through Warsaw to Grodno train goes every day.
- From Ukraine to Grodno you can get from Odessa by train. Also you can get from Lviv by train/
Visa regime: if you need an invitation, you should write to the mail firstname.lastname@example.org
On a day off an exciting tour around the castles is waiting for you. In Mir you will get acquainted with the pearl of Belarusian architecture - Mir Castle - the first national cultural monument included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The second stop is Nesvizh, one of the most beautiful corners of Belarus. You will see remarkable monuments that gave the name to the city of "northern Paris", "the uncrowned capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania": it was Slutskaya Brama (1690s), Town Hall Square with the Town Hall, the Farny Church, the building of the printing house and the monument to the great Belarusian enlightener Symon Budnyi, the famous garden complex. Also you will visit the famous Nesvizh Castle - the former residence of the powerful magnate family of Belarus Radziwill. One evening you can visit the sightseeing tour of Grodno.